POP QUIZ TIME – answer yes or no:
- has your phone stopped ringing as much, lately?
- you want to reach your ideal client, but you’re not sure how to get in front of him/her.
- looking ahead in 1-3 months, do you wish you had more events booked?
- ever wonder how your competitor always seems to plan all the very best venue open houses in your city?
- do you feel stuck on a hamster wheel, spinning round and round, working around the clock, desperately juggling it all?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, this week’s Empower Them task is absolutely MADE for you and your interns/apprentices. It’s okay, thank me later.
Our “Empower Them” ideas are all about tasks you could delegate to your interns and apprentices that would enrich their learning experience during their internship. They appreciate it when you give them responsibilities that challenge them, guidance all along in the project and help them gain tangible skills as a wedding planner. So, here goes…
TASK: have your team plan a “junior event”
Now, wait a second…stay with me for a second. I know what you’re thinking...”WHAT!!?! We’re not going to just let an untrained intern plan an ENTIRE event for our firm!!?!”
Yup, you’re right.
Who would be silly enough to put an untrained person in front of a client?
You’re going to:
give them the base tools
give them guidance and a safety net to fall back on, if and when they need advice
…and you’re gonna set them free. Because you know as well as I do…there’s only so much you can read about event planning, eventually, you’ve just got to get your hands in it and DO IT.