Last night, I had the absolute pleasure of conducting a webinar with members of the Student Event Planners Association (SEPA) from all over the United States, talking about a topic that is near and dear to my heart:
Empowering Millennials in the Modern-Day Workplace
In this 60 minute episode, I’ve jam-packed some of my very best insider tips for employers and for millennials themselves.
- 5 tips for employers who work with millennials
- what’s the most important thing they want from their job?
- don’t believe the hype – both about millennials and about gen x bosses – let’s squash some stereotypes!
- 5 tips for millennials on how to empower yourself in your career
- what’s the most important thing your boss expects from you?
QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
“You do know about the sh*t sandwich, right? Start off with something positive, slip in the kinda negative thing (i.e. constructive feedback) in the middle and wrap it up with something up positive. Works every time!”
~Mary, revealing her secret for giving tough feedback to employees/interns
- EMPLOYERS: how do you motivate and empower your millennial staff? what other tips would you recommend?
- MILLENNIALS: are there other things that are important to you when you’re seeking a job or internship? what else can employers do to empower you?
- Love what you watched? Would you mind clicking one of those “share” buttons at the top and sharing it with someone who works with millennials? We’d love you to bits and will send you virtual high-fives thru the interwebs.
- Have you hired your Fall interns yet? Great! Time to signup for The Apprentice Program, so you’ve got a 6-week training system to get them on-board with how your firm plans and designs weddings, pronto. Just $75/intern and well worth the investment. Signup today.